Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Vacuum

Actually I only named it that so I could show off that I knew how to spell vacuum. Else the title would have been Weekend Sucks. When you are not working, it is hard to tell the weekend from any other day. In reality you are busy all the time. I have been using the weekends to make up for work that I should have been doing the rest of the week. Usually things to do with the job search that I didn't get to do because I was interrupted.
My family just assumes that if I am home then I am not "working" and therefore I am available to do whatever. It is not thier fault. That is the way it has worked for years and I guess it has become a habit. taking out the garbage or fetching something from outside doesn't sound like much but it's a complete shift of mental gears. It takes a while to get back to what you were doing.
The seminar type classes I have been attending told me that job-hunting was a ten hour-a-day job. However I didn't really believe it until I had to do it. Oh well some time spent revising the resume for the twentieth time and another copy e-mailed to an employer that will probably get a hundred applicants a day.
Well that just makes my point. Weekends are depressing.