Thursday, July 19, 2007

Daily ramblings

I think I mentioned back a few posts that I have spent extensive time in the defense industry. The reason I mention this is because one of the must-haves for that job is a security clearance. I included my last clearance level on my latest resume for two reasons. One is I would definitely accept a job offer in that arena. The other was it should be a clue to the commercial job recruiters that I would probably never be an embaressment to any company. It is an indication that unlike certain public officials I have never been associated with a brothel or any other strange group trying to overthrow the present government ( democrats included ).

The point is, the group I am working with suggested that I remove that from resume copys that I submit to non-defense companies.

Nah, I'm leaving it in there. I think that indications of stability, ethics,,etc shoud be pretty important to a recruiter. I for one would hate to wake up and find out that I had hired the unibomber just because he had a great interview personna.

Any opinions out there?