Thursday, July 26, 2007

First sign of progress

I have an upcoming interview. Woo Hoo... I did the phone interview thing and now I am going to have the dreaded "face-to-face" interview.
No pressure at all. If you impress them enough, you get a job. If not you're doomed! <>.
The job-search-help organization I have been attending has classes on interviews, practice interviews, seminars, and reference material. All of which I have pretty much ignored up to now. Am I suddenly worried? You bet your butt I am! But It is no more than the natural nervous feeling that I always get before giving a presentation to a group of people. Did I mention that I'm a software nerd? Usually the only time I am in front of more than two people at a time is at a family reunion.
So I keep telling myself I am not doomed. It just means the search continues. And continues...and continues...etc. Maybe I AM doomed bit I won't realize it for quite some time. Now that's something to look forward to. Right?